IFCA International Fast Community Alliance

The next Turn

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by corwinKB on Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:35 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:There will be an additional points system for participation in 2013. This will be seperate from your driver ratings points. In order to make it into the 2013 IFCA Championship at the end of the year, you will need to have two things, 1. a high enough driver rating, and 2. you'll need enough Grand Prix Points.

For every rated race you compete in, each driver will earn 100 Grand Prix Points. Over the course of the year, there will be an undetermined # of total GP Points. Drivers will have to have at least 51% of the total GP points to qualify for the the 2013 IFCA Championship.

This is being done so that no driver can (at the last minute) come into the Championship just because of a high rating. Everyone will have to participate in at least half of all the rated races in or outside the IFCA.

Keep in mind we will be rating selected races from other leagues in 2013. Any race results posted on the IFCA will be rated by the IFCA Computer.

Sounds like a good call. This will make things not only more interesting, but it will get drivers who have participated all year a fair chance to race so someone fast doesnt kick them out 5 days before the season end
avatar
corwinKB
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Posts : 850

Local : Michigan, USA

Registration date : 2010-07-23


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: corwinMB
IFCA Car #: 2
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by AAR ABEnstein on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:16 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:There will be an additional points system for participation in 2013. This will be seperate from your driver ratings points. In order to make it into the 2013 IFCA Championship at the end of the year, you will need to have two things, 1. a high enough driver rating, and 2. you'll need enough Grand Prix Points.

For every rated race you compete in, each driver will earn 100 Grand Prix Points. Over the course of the year, there will be an undetermined # of total GP Points. Drivers will have to have at least 51% of the total GP points to qualify for the the 2013 IFCA Championship.

This is being done so that no driver can (at the last minute) come into the Championship just because of a high rating. Everyone will have to participate in at least half of all the rated races in or outside the IFCA.

Keep in mind we will be rating selected races from other leagues in 2013. Any race results posted on the IFCA will be rated by the IFCA Computer.

I love that idea! I'll keep track of TORA's results, if they let us.

_________________
ABEnstein Wink

TORA 24 Heures du Mans 6th place (LMP/Overall) w/All American Racers.
2012 IFCA World Championship 3rd Place
Only 3 career IFCA wins, but many podiums.
avatar
AAR ABEnstein
Admin
Admin

Male

Posts : 1733

Local : Apple Valley, CA, USA

Registration date : 2010-09-08


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR ABEnstein
IFCA Car #: 127
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by GTDon2 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:20 pm

No no, they must post their results on our site for them to be ratec

_________________

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
avatar
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Posts : 11496

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by AAR ABEnstein on Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:45 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:No no, they must post their results on our site for them to be ratec

Alright. We'll have to persuade them, then. Smile

_________________
ABEnstein Wink

TORA 24 Heures du Mans 6th place (LMP/Overall) w/All American Racers.
2012 IFCA World Championship 3rd Place
Only 3 career IFCA wins, but many podiums.
avatar
AAR ABEnstein
Admin
Admin

Male

Posts : 1733

Local : Apple Valley, CA, USA

Registration date : 2010-09-08


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR ABEnstein
IFCA Car #: 127
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks to IFCA member darkestdale we will be offering $10,000,000.00 in credits to the winner of any 2013 native IFCA race with 7 or more drivers. This is only for those series/races that are from the IFCA.

_________________

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
avatar
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Posts : 11496

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by GTDon2 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:15 pm

Some of you know, but here's a little update on the site itself. Notice the new banner? There will be a major clean up before the start of the 2013 season come Nov 1st. We think the site will be easier to navigate and less cluttered once the changes are in place.

_________________

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
avatar
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Posts : 11496

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by Guest on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:29 pm

+1

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by corwinKB on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:04 pm

+1
avatar
corwinKB
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Posts : 850

Local : Michigan, USA

Registration date : 2010-07-23


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: corwinMB
IFCA Car #: 2
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by SirKane2 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:24 pm

That will be nice, It took a while 4 me to figure the whole site out when I first got involved.

SirKane2
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Posts : 75

Registration date : 2007-05-25


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions: 0 out of 3

Back to top Go down

2013 number plates

Post by GTDon2 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Selecting a 2013 # plate is now open! Hurry before someone gets YOUR number!

_________________

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
avatar
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Posts : 11496

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by SirKane2 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:51 pm

AAR GTDon wrote:Selecting a 2013 # plate is now open! Hurry before someone gets YOUR number!
I still want #33 please!

SirKane2
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Posts : 75

Registration date : 2007-05-25


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions: 0 out of 3

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by The Posimosh on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:16 pm

#13 if thats taken, #962
avatar
The Posimosh
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Posts : 44

Registration date : 2012-04-25


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: The Posimosh
IFCA Car #: 13
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:35 pm

updated.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:16 pm

I'm waiting for someone or league site, like IFCA, to have a real NASCAR Stock Car Series with any build as long as it is PI 800 or under.

People complain that that would only help the experienced raers, but with the right build and tuning your car, anyone can win.

I'm very disappointed with turn 10 where they did not give us real NASCAR tuning and the fuel lasts forever in Forza 4.
The damage is too much even with "Limited" turned on.

So I want to be able to build and tune a fast Oval Stock Car that is fast as the Leaderboard Stock Cars.
I have a Chevy Stock car that can get 38.9xx lap times on a perfect lap. the ford fusion can get 38,8's
lol!

Oh, I will be trying out NASCAR 2012 when it comes out in November. If it is decient, I will be switching to that.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:21 pm

EZT TomCat7 wrote:I'm waiting for someone or league site, like IFCA, to have a real NASCAR Stock Car Series with any build as long as it is PI 800 or under.

People complain that that would only help the experienced raers, but with the right build and tuning your car, anyone can win.

I'm very disappointed with turn 10 where they did not give us real NASCAR tuning and the fuel lasts forever in Forza 4.
The damage is too much even with "Limited" turned on.

So I want to be able to build and tune a fast Oval Stock Car that is fast as the Leaderboard Stock Cars.
I have a Chevy Stock car that can get 38.9xx lap times on a perfect lap. the ford fusion can get 38,8's
lol!

Oh, I will be trying out NASCAR 2012 when it comes out in November. If it is decient, I will be switching to that.

We are working on the 2013 series Tom..and im kicking around ideas for a stock car series..hopefully a decision will come soon.lol.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by GTDon2 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:22 pm

How about this TomCat, how about you get with darkestdale and come up with something like that. I know dale is chomping at the bit to do a NASCAR series.

_________________

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
avatar
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Posts : 11496

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:14 pm

AAR darkestdale wrote:
EZT TomCat7 wrote:I'm waiting for someone or league site, like IFCA, to have a real NASCAR Stock Car Series with any build as long as it is PI 800 or under.

People complain that that would only help the experienced raers, but with the right build and tuning your car, anyone can win.

I'm very disappointed with turn 10 where they did not give us real NASCAR tuning and the fuel lasts forever in Forza 4.
The damage is too much even with "Limited" turned on.

So I want to be able to build and tune a fast Oval Stock Car that is fast as the Leaderboard Stock Cars.
I have a Chevy Stock car that can get 38.9xx lap times on a perfect lap. the ford fusion can get 38,8's
lol!

Oh, I will be trying out NASCAR 2012 when it comes out in November. If it is decient, I will be switching to that.

We are working on the 2013 series Tom..and im kicking around ideas for a stock car series..hopefully a decision will come soon.lol.

Also consider how many people have laid down fast times on the Oval Leaderboards.
I would think that some of them would try their skill against other Leaderboard drivers.

There must be something that would entice them to race against another top Oval racer.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by corwinKB on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:21 pm

me and dale were talking about that last night actually, my theory is that a lot of leader board driver's don't race in competitive leagues because it is harder for them to use the dirt braking and semi-corner cutting tactics some of them employ, and a lot of them are not used to driving in traffic and planning ahead for pit stops. It makes them feel out of their element and only the true elite of the leaderboard drivers seem to cope to changing league rules...just a theory
avatar
corwinKB
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Posts : 850

Local : Michigan, USA

Registration date : 2010-07-23


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: corwinMB
IFCA Car #: 2
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:30 pm

the only reason that I am currently #20 on the Oval Leaderboards is that I have run all the tracks and classes and downloaded fast tunes that some of the top drivers put on their storefront.
I then install their tune , then uninstall it to get the built that they seem to be using.
I then retune the car build to my likeying and use some of the slightly secret tuning adjustments.

some of those adjustments do not work so well in Forza 4 and I think that the controller works better on some of the loose tunes on the faster tracks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by corwinKB on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:37 pm

makes a lot of sense. Maybe I should try that lol
avatar
corwinKB
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Posts : 850

Local : Michigan, USA

Registration date : 2010-07-23


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: corwinMB
IFCA Car #: 2
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by Guest on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:00 pm

EZT TomCat7 wrote:
AAR darkestdale wrote:
EZT TomCat7 wrote:I'm waiting for someone or league site, like IFCA, to have a real NASCAR Stock Car Series with any build as long as it is PI 800 or under.

People complain that that would only help the experienced raers, but with the right build and tuning your car, anyone can win.

I'm very disappointed with turn 10 where they did not give us real NASCAR tuning and the fuel lasts forever in Forza 4.
The damage is too much even with "Limited" turned on.

So I want to be able to build and tune a fast Oval Stock Car that is fast as the Leaderboard Stock Cars.
I have a Chevy Stock car that can get 38.9xx lap times on a perfect lap. the ford fusion can get 38,8's
lol!

Oh, I will be trying out NASCAR 2012 when it comes out in November. If it is decient, I will be switching to that.

We are working on the 2013 series Tom..and im kicking around ideas for a stock car series..hopefully a decision will come soon.lol.

Also consider how many people have laid down fast times on the Oval Leaderboards.
I would think that some of them would try their skill against other Leaderboard drivers.

There must be something that would entice them to race against another top Oval racer.


We will get togeather on live chat Tom and throw it it around.lol.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by The Posimosh on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:23 pm

If you need any help with code for the site, I can take a look if you would like. If not, thats cool too... I'm looking forward to checking out the new layout whenever yall finish it. I know these things are quite time consuming and can also be more difficult than people may think so I wanted to say thanks for putting this all together!!
avatar
The Posimosh
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Posts : 44

Registration date : 2012-04-25


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: The Posimosh
IFCA Car #: 13
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by GTDon2 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Okay, it's on! Very excited about all the new faces and talent showing up for the 2013 season. I can't wait to see how all the leagues and their drivers will be represented and what ratings they will achieve.

_________________

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
avatar
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Posts : 11496

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Cheating

Post by GTDon2 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:15 am

Cheating

The IFCA is a place for honest racers, and is a place where cheating is not tolerated. If you are caught cheating, you will be banned from the series. If you are caught cheating a second time, you will be banned from the IFCA for life.


We have a zero tolerance policy on cheating. If you are discovered to have the wrong build you will be banned even if it was just an accident. If your telemetry shows you have the incorrect horsepower or torque, you will be banned. Word to the wise? Double check, and triple check, that you are running the correct builds.

_________________

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
avatar
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Posts : 11496

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by GTDon2 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Be aure to take a look at the ongoing updates on the 2013 IFCA Forza World Championship, and some of the background reasoning on the ever evolving format. http://ifca.highforum.net/t5751-2013-ifca-championship-format

_________________

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
avatar
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Posts : 11496

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04


Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The next Turn

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum