IFCA International Fast Community Alliance

Series Race Talk

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Series Race Talk

Post by GTDon2 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

A rather dramatic end to the first season. Unofficial congrats to our first Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge Champion in the GS class, Scantrax. It was good to see joe keep him honest up front today. I have reviewed the film, and there was some avoidable contact, but the contact was not severe from what I could tell. No one was knocked off the track or lost any places I don't think. I do have the replay up at my storefront for anyone who wants to take a look. When I do the official points and everything I'll let everyone know what I think happened, and what should not happen in the future.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR CobraJet on Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:33 am

Pretty good race in lobby 2. Although I finished 2nd in the GS class, it was a distant 2nd, as GRiMP was just too strong in the second half of the race. Congrats to him on the win. ST class saw another week of good racing as ringm4ster took the checkered for that group to cap off season 1. Once again, a great group of guys in this lobby. Looking forward to racing with them in season 2. Thanks goes out to BAR Nelly75 for the screen captures of the finishing order and times which can be found in the "results" section.
AAR CobraJet
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Local : Ohio

Registration date : 2009-02-06

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR CobraJet
IFCA Car #: 9
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:53 am

Good racing in a lobby
I understand the complaints about me because we are all racing but one shot you were pissed because of lap one...that wad not me as for you racing someone when i "moved your i had an opponent 100 feet behind me yours was 500... as for nasty....you did that!!!!
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Local : western NY

Registration date : 2012-11-16

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: 33
Infractions:

http://neinshiza.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR OneShot on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:12 am

no i was pissed because you were the 2nd GS car to hit me last nite.maxximillion was the 1st
GS car to hit me,on the 2nd lap.

2013-IFCA Continental Tire S1 Champion
2time 2013-IFCA SuperTuner Champion

4time 2012-IFCA Super Spec Champion
2time 2012-IFCA Glory Day's Champion
AAR OneShot
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Local : kaukauna WI

Registration date : 2009-02-23

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR OneShot
IFCA Car #: 7
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxximilllion on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:00 am

My bad, completely my fault. I had a huge run down the front stretch and caught you and the other Mazda at the end of the chute, then completely overestimated you're braking ability into that turn. I had nowhere to go, the other Mazda was to my right and I was hard on the brakes, even before you started braking. Lack of lap time with you guys, not intentional I assure you. Good thing is, nobody died on the track last night, it's all good bro.

Maxximilllion
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Local : FL

Registration date : 2013-01-31

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: maxximilllion
IFCA Car #: 21
Infractions:

http://www.neinshiza.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:38 am

I didn't hit or bump you i rubbed you...and as the saying goes
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:32 am

I know it can be upsetting to be bumped or pushed even when no damage or position loss is involved. And typically the person being bumped always feels it more than the person doing the bumping.

There is a fine line here because, minor contact is always a part of racing, or it wouldn't be racing it would be hot lapping. At the same time, making contact with any car at any real track is not permitted or condoned even if no actual penalty is able to be applied. A driver that has the repeated problem of making contact will be black flagged however.

In this series it is especially concerning because of the two different classes, one slower, one faster. Part of the fun and frustration of multi-class racing is because of the two different performance levels and how they interact on the track. It is intended that the smaller/slower cars do get in the way at times making it more challenging for the faster cars. It is the unpredictable nature of having two different performance levels on the track at the same time that offers more thrills and some times spills at different points on the track, and at different times in the race.

The rule here is that the little cars have the right of way and can not be pushed or muscled out of the way just because you have a competitor closing fast on your rear. Molesting slower cars just because they are "in the way" is not acceptable. In a race with cars of equal performance we would be more flexible and understanding about pushy contact, but we can't allow that here. It would become the norm if we did, and the faster cars would have no respect for the slower cars at that point.

So here's the deal, everyone gets 1 chance, after that you are on probation. Any further contact incidents will automatically take a point from you. Because of our standard IFCA points model, 1 point is actually fairly big and would result in a lost position. Repeated contact will eventually result in disqualification and/or banning entirely.

I do want to say that after watching the replay, Roscoe and maxx did a great job most of the race to avoid contact and respect the slower cars. The contact in question though not welcomed by their competitors was I admit very close to being a penalty, and had they been on probation would have been. These type of incidents are tactical in nature and purposeful in strategy, meaning, the driver is pushing all the limits for the win without cheating, and it's hard not to admire them for that.

Be clean out there boys.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:58 am

Roger!!! I probably should just drop it but after reviewing the replay he gave every other vs room accept me i think he thought i was max and i am aggressive by nature....as max and i are teammateswe were in a party when this happened and he said he locked his brakes and hot a miata...
I put 2&2 together and was not risking my race for ill feelings
Sorry i will make sureno contact in season 2
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR ABEnstein on Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:50 pm

LMR Scantraxx wrote:

How come Abe is not racing in this series? I remember him being hard up on the beamers I miss racing him.

Thanks for the shout-out! I'm reading this thread for the first time right now. I do recall racing the BMW in FM3 with a rainbow warrior in ALMS II, and the Peppermint Warrior in III, it was fun! You were racing a Ford GT, weren't you?

I am currently on Spring Break for this week and next. My wheel is fixed, but the reason I didn't register for the race on the 25th was because I spent the weekend at Auto Club Speedway (best NASCAR Cup Race I've seen in person!).

It is unfortunate that next Monday is the off week, but I'll see if I can register for Series II, as it is close to the time I get out of school.

TORA 24 Heures du Mans 6th place (LMP/Overall) w/All American Racers.
2012 IFCA World Championship 3rd Place
Only 3 career IFCA wins, but many podiums.
AAR ABEnstein
Admin
Admin

Male

Local : Apple Valley, CA, USA

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR ABEnstein
IFCA Car #: 127
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:05 pm

AAR ABEnstein wrote:
LMR Scantraxx wrote:

How come Abe is not racing in this series? I remember him being hard up on the beamers I miss racing him.

Thanks for the shout-out! I'm reading this thread for the first time right now. I do recall racing the BMW in FM3 with a rainbow warrior in ALMS II, and the Peppermint Warrior in III, it was fun! You were racing a Ford GT, weren't you?

I am currently on Spring Break for this week and next. My wheel is fixed, but the reason I didn't register for the race on the 25th was because I spent the weekend at Auto Club Speedway (best NASCAR Cup Race I've seen in person!).

It is unfortunate that next Monday is the off week, but I'll see if I can register for Series II, as it is close to the time I get out of school.

Yea I was driving the Ford back then. Hope to see you on the track again dude.
LMR Scantraxx
80-119 posts
80-119 posts

Male

Local : Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada

Registration date : 2010-09-23

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: LMR Scantraxx
IFCA Car #: 690
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 am

Very interesting. Now that people are getting a handle on how to approach this no mic multi-class series, we are seeing some serious rivalries emerge. A lot of behind the scenes pre-season talk of domination, planning, and revenge.
With the cars being much more equal in both classes on these tracks, this could get very intense and exciting from the very start!

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by speedyjab09 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:00 pm

THERE WAS TALK OF MOVING THE TIME BACK 1 HOUR TO GET MORE DRIVERS FROM THE WEST COAST IN ON THIS?
speedyjab09
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Local : San Marcos, California

Registration date : 2012-10-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: speedyjab09
IFCA Car #: 17
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:10 pm

speedyjab09 wrote:THERE WAS TALK OF MOVING THE TIME BACK 1 HOUR TO GET MORE DRIVERS FROM THE WEST COAST IN ON THIS?

Nope, we will keep it the same as before it turns out. 6:00pm CST/7:00pm EST

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:37 am

This is the paint scheme im going to race. Never found it on a SF, so im doing all i can

[img][/img]

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:41 am

Perfect!

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NellyDRacer on Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:41 pm

Here's mine an Leadfoot's paintjob.

IFCA Moderator

Male

Registration date : 2012-11-24

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR NellyDRacer
IFCA Car #: 175
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:00 pm

nice job! close to what me and Rodmaster came up with

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:23 pm

Smokes...check....Liquor...check...Food...check...It's race day gentlemen.
LMR Scantraxx
80-119 posts
80-119 posts

Male

Local : Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada

Registration date : 2010-09-23

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: LMR Scantraxx
IFCA Car #: 690
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:05 pm

Intense race!

Very excited with the race level u have people, very strong and very proffesional.

I had so much fun with ¨All MAX RPM¨ and ¨GTDon¨ on ST class.

Sadly I had an incident with ¨Scantrax¨ when he was lapping me, but i was fighting to keep the ST leaders pace and never saw the CAMARO coming. I´m so sorry about that, my apologies.

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:54 am

Okay, with the help of Cobrajet and other IFCA Officials, the replays have been reviewed. With so many new people we expected things to be rougher than what we saw today. Just like in season 1 the first race represents a certain grace period where everyone is given a small break and a chance before actual penalties are issued.

Please understand, we aren't here to lord over everyone, and heavily penalize first timers thereby stripping potential victory and fun from people. We like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and a second chance whenever possible. However, there does come a time when we will have to issue more than a warning, even if it is a first time offense.

In lobby 1, there was some questionable lines being taken by more than a few people as far as short cutting the track/corners. But bear in mind that in real racing such alleged short cuts are perfectly acceptable. It didn't appear tha anyone gained from slicing off some corners from time to time, but be warned, you must try to keep at least 2 tires on the tarmac at all times. Because the replay was cut off at lap 17, we can not perfectly judge what may have occured beyond that point. There was known contact before and after lap 17.

Lobby 2 was a cleaner race with little to no contact deserving of penalty.

There were some livery violations in both lobbies.
dc67, posimosh, Bear Gillz, and possibly Mr Grimp did not appear to have any Continental Tire decals on their car or a number plate. No points penalty will be issued, this is your 1 and only warning.

RODMASTERR (my teammate) and Manuel commited heavy contact. ROD made a rookie mistake at the start into turn 1 and collected a few people though he tried his best to correct a bad situation. Manuel ran the GS car of Scantraxx off the road by accident. He just didn't see the Camaro on his inside at turn 2 and turned into him. ROD will recieve a 3sec total time penalty. Manuel will be on probation along with TYA Stig for initiated contact.

Probation list for various noted reasons:
dc67
Bear Gillz
Mr Grimp
RODMASTERR
Manuel
Stig
gnrblaze

The rulings are not up for debate. Just as it was in season 1, the grace period comes to an end in race 2, so be extra careful and get your paints straight for Silverstone International.

BTW Lobby 1 was very intense and generally very clean, with battles for the lead changing hands in both classes. Official Results will be posted Tuesday. The results will dictate which lobby you will end up in for the second race. All the faster drivers will move to lobby 1, and all the slower to lobby 2.

Last edited by AAR GTDon on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GLR Lothar on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 am

I had a great time last night. The start was intense in lobby 1 just because the AWD cars get a huge launch. I was hoping I wouldn't get run over when I had to slow down for Scantrax.

Also, there was a competitor in lobby 1 that was running an incorrect build. I don't remember his gamertag but he was running the 911 Sport Classic.

Otherwise, It was a great race and clean race from my view. I am not the fastest but had alot of fun. Thanks Don and Cobra, looking foward to next week.
GLR Lothar
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Local : Hampstead, MD, USA

Registration date : 2008-09-18

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: BAR Lothar
IFCA Car #: 16
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 am

Well, apparently the race last night was very intense. Sorry I did not come in time, I think my work schedule does not allow me to run in this series.
Anyway, try running in another series that best fits my schedule.
Thank you guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 am

I'll double check the incorrect build, thx

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:33 am

Okay, lobby assignments are posted here http://ifca.highforum.net/t5909-season-2-lobby-assignments

Please get with the lobby host and put him on your friends list (AAR GTDon lobby 1, or AAR Cobrajet lobby 2). Your placement was determined by your result in the first race, so, you may be in lobby 1 this time, or you may be in lobby 2, depending on how well you did. Most of you will remain where you are and performed as expected according to the IFCA Computer.

Please be advised that many are on probation for livery violations, crashing, and questionable corner cutting. Repeat offenders will be penalized or expelled from the series. So keep it clean, show some respect for your fellow drivers, and have some fun competing in this high pressure unique (no mic) replica series.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:58 am

As there was n op clear explanation ad to pit exit at laguna and i took the full pit lane i was wondering if there were penalized people or did i lose time due to taking full pitlane.....thanks
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
Infractions:

Back to top Go down