IFCA International Fast Community Alliance

Series Race Talk

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Series Race Talk

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:16 pm

kickrocks29 wrote:I just read the update on the grid groupings and I hope this is not too critical but I have a few gripes. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, just want to know the correct procedure that will be followed.
Let me get this right... Cars will be penalized time off the start for AWD and gain time for FWD. On top of that, if you are battling with a competitor and you come up on an ST car, that guy can't move, if he does, he will be penalized? Also if the cars fighting for position get into each other while overtaking the slower car one will be penalized and the other will actually gain time? i'm kinda confused on this. Also if you get wrecked or knocked off course in the A room, you will lose to the guy who didn't in the B room. I like the idea of the duel room but I think there are a few flaws in the system. Take for example a newcomer such as LMR Scantraxx ( This is just an example, I have never raced him and have no clue how fast he is) coming in being unrated. He will start at the rear of the GS field placing him in the second lobby. Ok well what if he is a fast guy who shouldn't necessarily be in the second lobby? He will have an open track to "hotlap" while the A room will be battling it out. Someone like that would claim a quick victory in a 4 week series and also have a way better shot at grabbing the fast lap bonus via an open track. Not to stir up the hornets nest but if we are qualifying anyway, why would we not have lobbies based on qualifying times and not "GP Points"? I'm just kinda baffled...

Let me try to explain. Yes there is a slight handicap + or - for the advantage or disadvantage of the drive trains added or subtracted to the total times. This tiny amount only compensates for the starting differences between drive trains.

ST cars are not required to move over or slow down or take evasive manuevers to get out of the way of the faster GS cars. They simply run their race, because they too are competing, and should not be expected to slow down or change their line. We've found that if a slower car attempts to get out of the way, he usually does the unexpected causing a crash instead. Better is to insist that he does the expected, so the faster cars don't have to guess what he is doing or is supposed to be doing. The slower car will not be penalized if he does move over, we just don't recommend it.

When it comes to actual penalties they will be measured in seconds. You take someone out, and you will have seconds added to your total time. But this is not enough to compensate the person you took out. It's not enough that you lose time, and get penalized, while the innocent driver merely loses time because you bashed him off the track. He should have the time you unfairly took from him restored. In other words, your "mistake" should not also cost the innocent driver too.

The Grid Groups are just to get people with the same approximate skill level in the same lobby for the purpose of qualifying. In the case of a non-rated driver there is a risk he could be under rated, it's a small risk that can't be entirely avoided. But, the Grid Groups are re-sorted after the results of the first race. All those who did well will be in Lobby 1 for the second race, and those who didn't do so well will be in Lobby 2, so that everyone will be head to head with drivers of their own skill after each race.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:39 pm

The only time your rating comes into play as far as lobby placement goes is for the first race. After the first race it goes by your finishing order as to which lobby you will be assigned to in the next race.

You might ask why do it this way? A reasonable question. We are doing it this way because unlike other leagues we have the ability to do this more efficient way.

With almost everyone being rated we can tell at a glance what each drivers skill level is before we qualify. This means that we can get people in the correct group of relatively equal drivers even before qualifying them. Which means that unlike other leagues running multiple lobbies we don't have to qualify everyone, and then sort who goes where, and then invite you back to a new lobby to start the race. Instead, we can get you in the right lobby, qualify you for the grid, and keep you in the lobby to start the race. This cuts out a couple steps and a lot of time is the point. This can only be done this way if we have some idea of what everyone's skill is to begin with.

Being able to do it this way also reduces the amount of connection conflicts when re-entering a different lobby after a qualifying session and finding out you can't get in because of different people. Or sometimes not being able to get in even though it is the same group of people you qualified with.
Hope this explains things a little better for everyone.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kickrocks29 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:02 pm

Understood. As for Corwin, you have a new PM Very Happy

iRUF iRUF iRUF
FORZA RACERS UNION
iRUF.guildportal.com

The Bowtie's always on
Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
kickrocks29
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Registration date : 2007-10-01

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: KickRocks29
IFCA Car #: 29
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by corwinKB on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:03 pm

I don't understand why you are so angry. I wasn't trying to upset anyone, only offer an insight as to how i interpreted the rules that Don had posted. You have every right to ask questions and be concerned as well. I hope we can continue to race on the same track and not let little bumps bruises stand between sportsmanship and a genuine racing experience.
corwinKB
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Local : Michigan, USA

Registration date : 2010-07-23

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: corwinMB
IFCA Car #: 2
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Okay, good to hear no one is really trying to upset the old apple cart. Glad to know everyone wants this new series and format to be the best it can be too.

What is being attempted here hasn't really be done before, or at least not exactly like this. New formats and what not are always going to cause concern in the beginning, and rightfully so. Change is sort of like that. Bring in a new concept or new way of doing something, and people will naturally want to question it. Not a problem. Doing so helps us fine tune anything we didn't think of. We welcome the questions.

Hopefully after the first race on Monday, we will all be better able to see how this system pans out, me included. I think it is going to be as all new series tend to be, fun, but a little rough until everyone gets through the whole season. By the time the second season starts up, everyone will be a lot less concerned about the format and will help move it along even smoother. The process will be better, the adjusted cars will be tighter, the grids will be fuller, everything will gell.

One thing to try to keep in mind is that when sharing information on the forum its best not to attach a motive or sentiment to the information being offered. That is, because most of us are not writers by profession we can easily go wrong with our written words in ways never intended. But it helps a great deal if we the readers accept that the writer should be given every benefit of the doubt that he is only trying to impart information and nothing personal. In this way, we can insulate ourselves, and not take things personally.
Thanks.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kickrocks29 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:01 am

I'm not angry, just concerned. You don't have to worry about me on the track. I think my peers will vouch for that. I apologize if my writing isn't up to par. I read the update and after running through a few scenarios in my head, I asked a few questions that concerned me. Never with ill intent. My apologies to those who may have perceived it the wrong way.

iRUF iRUF iRUF
FORZA RACERS UNION
iRUF.guildportal.com

The Bowtie's always on
kickrocks29
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:13 am

Just a minor update when it comes to legal liveries. Some of the cars have very few options for liveries I understand. And since we are using cars that come from the previous series of past years which differ in name only, like the Koni Challenge, I'm going to allow you to use those replica paints as long as you swap out the Koni or Perelli decals for the Continental. Please PM me if you have a question about this and your livery.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:31 pm

thank you sir by the by oddball7000 needs admin help
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Local : western NY

Registration date : 2012-11-16

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: 33
Infractions:

http://neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ox FASTLANE xo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:57 pm

I noticed earlier in the thread times were in the 2:10 -09 range for motegi.... all I can say are those are some pretty quick times for ST Surprised

ox FASTLANE xo
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Registration date : 2010-01-03

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 pm

What car were you going with

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ROSCOEpCOTRAIN on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Practice room?
ROSCOEpCOTRAIN
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Local : western NY

Registration date : 2012-11-16

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: 33
Infractions:

http://neinshiza.the-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Post by kickrocks29 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Hey guys, there is a good chance that I won't make the race tonight. I have a lot going on today and probably won't be able to get on by 7. Sorry if I don't make it but at least there's a heads up so you can make adjustments accordingly.

iRUF iRUF iRUF
FORZA RACERS UNION
iRUF.guildportal.com

The Bowtie's always on
kickrocks29
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:10 pm

Wont be able to make the race tonight but I will try to get back as soon as possible got to go pick up my freind and run back so I'll try to be quick about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:31 pm

back sooner then I thought I will be able to race WOOT!

Back to top Go down

Post by PredatorUSMC on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:10 pm

Considering I built and threw on a quick tune on the car at 3:30pm designed the livery by 4:00pm and raced at 4:15pm I think I managed. Lol. I had not turned a test lap on a track I had not driven in quite a while. tough duty learning a car AND a track under race conditions! I am sure my qual and race pace were off, but at least during the race I found about 4 seconds. I started with 2:11's. but by lap 10 I was hitting 2:09's then I stated hittin 2:08's then 2:07's (welllll high 2:07's). i am happy i was able to have a clean no contact race. i was as cold as the tires to start that race!
So I know I have room to grow and put my big boy pants on next race.

Good race though. See you next week.
PredatorUSMC
80-119 posts
80-119 posts

Male

Local : Las Vegas

Registration date : 2009-11-19

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: PredatorUSMC
IFCA Car #: 54
Infractions:

http://lscreativedezigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:32 pm

That was well done Pred! Nice to see some of the FSCS guys venture out. As expected we had a very clean race without mics. I ran bumper to bumper with Nate the entire race and never touched his car! Had I been able to talk to him, I probably would have been able to pull the old,"I'm on your left." and spooked him to move over just enough to get me by him. No such advantage here. This was much closer to a real racing experience for my money. Standing start, no restarts, no cautions. Just go!

Great race everyone! Now for the bad news. We have 7 drivers who violated the livery rules. No one will be penalized for this, this time. Next week at Indy GP, you better have the proper paint.
I'm going to make this very easy on everyone. I know that many of you ARE running paints from various Grand Am series, but not the Continental series exactly. So here's what you do. Place the proper Continental decal on the fenders and roof, and you will be good to go.

Violators:
LMR Scantraxx, replace Hoosier decals with Continental
MrGRiMP, replace entire paint for an actual livery from the series or related Grand Am series using Continental Tire decals.
ROCBOTM, add Continental decals
Gnashty Nate , replace Hoosier decals with Continental
GLR BRIZZO-Mr r1ngm4ster, add Continental decals
GLR Leadfoot0316, remove Toyo stickers and add Continental.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:35 pm

My paint is from the SF what do I type in to get a proper paint?
LMR Scantraxx
80-119 posts
80-119 posts

Male

Local : Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada

Registration date : 2010-09-23

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: LMR Scantraxx
IFCA Car #: 690
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by corwinKB on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:35 am

some cars wont have it, try "continental" "CTSCC" "Grand-AM" usually will pop up quite a few results
corwinKB
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx on Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:59 am

corwinKB wrote:some cars wont have it, try "continental" "CTSCC" "Grand-AM" usually will pop up quite a few results

I checked but could not find anything :/
LMR Scantraxx
80-119 posts
80-119 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:16 am

just to be clear, no points will be taken for this violation at this time. Please understand, we just want to see that the series has the recognized cars seen in the real series. We aren't trying to be extra critical, or legalistic about it. At the same time, without rules to a series, there wouldn't be a series. So please guys, lets try our best to respect the look of the series. thx

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by corwinKB on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:56 am

LMR Scantraxx wrote:
corwinKB wrote:some cars wont have it, try "continental" "CTSCC" "Grand-AM" usually will pop up quite a few results

I checked but could not find anything :/

another thing you can do is type in the same keywords for the sponsors needed on your car and attempted to recreate the car you are driving as a "locked" version that only you can use. It sucks that you can't share or sell it but you would have a legit car for the series at the least
corwinKB
680-929 posts
680-929 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:56 pm

The Lobby Assignments are up for Indy GP here http://ifca.highforum.net/t5862-lobby-assignments
This is the lobby group you will do a 5lap qualifier, and then a 30lap race with. They were sorted primarily from the results of race 1 at Motegi. The fastest 50% are in lobby 1, and the other half in lobby 2. This should produce some very close racing from here on out.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PredatorUSMC on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 pm

Went back after finishing my livery today and did some test and tuning. I can't see hitting 2:05's on Motegi but did hit a few low 7's.

Now to hit Indy GP
PredatorUSMC
80-119 posts
80-119 posts

Male

Local : Las Vegas

Registration date : 2009-11-19

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: PredatorUSMC
IFCA Car #: 54
Infractions:

http://lscreativedezigns.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:25 pm

The speed of the BMW should be a real advantage at Indy, and will certainly be at the last race at Sunset Club Reverse.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LMR Scantraxx on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:18 am

AAR GTDon wrote:The speed of the BMW should be a real advantage at Indy, and will certainly be at the last race at Sunset Club Reverse.

How come Abe is not racing in this series? I remember him being hard up on the beamers I miss racing him.
LMR Scantraxx
80-119 posts
80-119 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down