IFCA International Fast Community Alliance

IFCA Hot Hatch - proposal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

IFCA Hot Hatch - proposal

Post by THO Shooter on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Ok so Ive had a thought about the next event that i would like to get going to keep something alive between the seasons.

I'm proposing here a Hot Hatch Championship

There will be a maximum of 5 car's to choose from, build's to a specific build that will be set as simple as possible, class and pi are yet to be disclosed, 8 races, 1 Championship scoring, 1 winner

Bumper to bumper all out fight, this, i feel will also bring some more racers to the IFCA and we may be able to kick in some more coal to our flame.

I will do some research tonight in regards to the cars i would like to use and make them as close as possible to each other time wise, i will also ask a few drivers to join me in testing so i can get a range of views and feed back as to what is working and what isnt.

What do you ( Staff ) think of this idea and how do you see as making this a sort of home event, just think, people talking about the IFCA's Hot Hatch, like VM's StockHatch. everybody knows it, why cant we have one.

I will also make sure that availibilty is taken care of and look into the most friendly time to arrange the race's to take place.

Smurf

THO Shooter
300-469 posts
300-469 posts

Registration date : 2013-05-03

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Re: IFCA Hot Hatch - proposal

Post by AAR GTDon on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Okay, sounds good, I can test one or two cars.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
AAR GTDon
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AAR ABEnstein on Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:04 am

First, thanks Smurfy for posting this in the staff section.

Hot hatches are always good fun, but we should try to make the format unique. If you want a bumper to bumper fight, you might want shorter races. Also, try shorter tracks, maybe ones that only take a minute and a half to get around. I'm not entirely convinced that it should go for 8 races, maybe 6, or 2 races per round.

----

Something I've had in the back of my mind (for any event) is that we should set the distance for the race on a scale based on driver attendance. More drivers, longer races, so the field will never be spread out to far at any one time. 5 or 6 people, 20-30 minutes to 12 to 16 people, 40-60 minutes.

TORA 24 Heures du Mans 6th place (LMP/Overall) w/All American Racers.
2012 IFCA World Championship 3rd Place
Only 3 career IFCA wins, but many podiums.
AAR ABEnstein
Admin
Admin

Male

Local : Apple Valley, CA, USA

Registration date : 2010-09-08

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR ABEnstein
IFCA Car #: 127
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by THO Shooter on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:45 am

ok i can work with that, although drivers may get confused as to why after one more person joining the lobby the race has now got an extra ten minutes on the clock, which when i come to typing up the info and rules and other things will be addressed.

Im finding it difficult to build the cars, im thinking of going mid A class. fully tunable so there really isnt going to be a " parent " car, which will also be limited to how many can use the car. 5 maybe 6 to choose from and limit how many can use each one.

THO Shooter
300-469 posts
300-469 posts

Registration date : 2013-05-03

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content