IFCA International Fast Community Alliance

Virtual Motorsports

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Virtual Motorsports

Post by AAR GTDon on Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:41 pm

Just announced today by Hellbringer, VM will be closing its virtual doors for good soon.  A sad day indeed. VM sprang from the IFCA some 4-5 years ago as I recall, and did a whale of a job keeping the interest in league racing very high.  It's always sad to see any league fold big or small.  They attribute the closing to "many" factors, but you have to believe Forza 5 didn't help much, and was one of the major factors.

Let's be honest, Forza 5 was a disaster to all Forza league racing fans who wanted competitive high level racing features.  Even worse was how little FM5 contained, and retained from FM4 in terms of league friendly features.  Insult to injury was how T10 then makes you pay for many of the same cars you already had in FM4.  Let's face it league fans, T10 has gone in a different direction away from racing, or race craft, and towards a more entry level driving game.  It is the dumb-ing down of the Forza franchise that hurts the most I suppose.

For 5 iterations of the game we have seen a steady march towards this end.  Instead of more refined racing features and elements to improve the simulated immersion of being on a race track, in a race, each successive version has rounded its edges and catered to the lowest information race fan or car person.  High hopes repeatedly dashed with each new version has been the repeated T10 template.

Now Forza 6 has been announced in Detroit at the Detroit Auto Show, and already the hopeful have begun to bang the wishlist drums.  Haven't you learned by now people?  T10 isn't listening to you, never has, and never will.  It is for this reason that the IFCA is no longer beholden to the Forza franchise, and will move on to greener pastures and fresher tarmac in the form of Project CARS. 

Perhaps FM6 is an effort to combat what everyone including T10 knows, and that is, there is a new "sheriff" in town, (Slightly Mad Studios) the kind of operation that actually has listened to league racers, and really gets why we all do this thing we call simulation racing.  

Condolences to VM, and shame on you T10.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
AAR GTDon
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Virtual Motorsports

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:30 am

lol!
Since FORZA 2, Turn 10 has plugged their ears to what the sim racer fans wanted.
Good luck in Project cars Don.
Hope I will be able to get into Project Cars in the future, but I am 77 years old now and who knows what is in the future for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:05 am

Guest wrote: lol!
Since FORZA 2, Turn 10 has plugged their ears to what the sim racer fans wanted.
Good luck in Project cars Don.
Hope I will be able to get into Project Cars in the future, but I am 77 years old now and who knows what is in the future for me.

I'm still racing Forza 4. I'll be 78 in April.

I still compete in Time Trial event that appear in the Racers Lounge at Forzmotorsport.net
EZT TomCat7
5-29 posts
5-29 posts

Male

Local : California Central Coast

Registration date : 2015-07-06

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: EZT TomCat7
IFCA Car #: 711
Infractions:

Back to top Go down