Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

This is how...

Post by AAR GTDon on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:28 am

I thought I would start a little thread to hand out honest to goodness tips and tricks for how to go faster from those who do go faster.  Everyone aside from the "Aliens" wants to know what the secrets are for going faster.  And it is a frustrating thing to suspect that some people have the secret trick or magic formula that makes them always faster than you.  I know the feeling.  

So, it is here that we will post a continuous volume of speed tricks from the faster drivers of our sport so that you can at least have the same knowledge they do if not perhaps the same talent.  With regards to this, everyone should first understand that talent alone will not get you to the #1 position on the IFCA World Rankings.  And neither will all the tricks and practice in the world.  But, you can be substantially faster than you are now if you practice very hard and utilize every trick in the book.  And who knows, after some dedication you might become a real threat to those guys who are always faster, and perhaps crack the top 100 one day.

Tip #1 from AAR GTDon
"Everyone has a limited amount of time to turn laps.  Question is, how to get the most out of the time you do have? Repetitively lapping a track is only good to a point. Yes, you need a lot of laps, but more importantly, you need a lot of good laps.  In other words, 'practice doesn't make perfect, perfect practice makes perfect.'

What this means is, you have to break the track down into good sections and bad sections.  Your focus should be mostly on the bad sections that you are obviously slower in. Keep hammering on improving those points on the track that you are the weakest until you see the improved time in those sectors.  At the very least you will become more consistent throughout the entire lap, and consistency is faster."

Tip #2 Wingnut x820x
"For none ABS use, one trick I like to perfect is applying throttle while my brakes begin to lock up.  The result is to artificially induce ABS-like braking and decelerate even quicker. I almost always out brake everyone even people who are faster than me."

Tip #3 AMS RoadRunner
"I started in FM3. My aim was [simply] to be the fastest driver in a Nissan Skyline GT-R R32.  [Faster drivers at the time] like ONR Swift and ONR AzzyG had the fastest [GT-R's] on [the] track.  During online lobbies I would try to keep up with them, in the end, you start to pick up their lines and breaking points.  So my tip is; [Set a goal] and race people who are faster than you. If you lose, it doesn't really matter.  It takes a few knocks in order for you to find your strengths!"

Tip #4 iCam c1 xII
"Hot lap, hot lap, hot lap! Get the fastest ghost, watch it, analyze its gear set, and replicate his lines in the identical car. Don't just race to get faster, hot lap!"

Tip #5 F4H Diablo
"Surround yourself with not only faster drivers but drivers willing to help you go faster. Learn to be versatile and quickly adapt to any car on any track.  The fastest drivers do this by racing every car and every class. A wide variety is a key to going faster. Become friends with the telemetry screen!  Learn the differences between a good handling car and a bad handling car."

Tip #6 CoD3Pro Brizzho
"I've learned that some cars prefer to go into the corners very slow and then fast out not unlike real race cars. Use ghosts that are only a little bit faster than you are and then incrementally use slightly faster and faster ghosts." 

Tip #7 DJProfessorK72
"Most of it is just mental, don't overwhelm or clutter your mind with too many things, just learn the car and track and build your speed. Also, try to balance the car and find the comfort zone of a car.  I like oversteer cars, so I like to run high rear camber to get the car to rotate in the way that I like."

Tip #8 IR STiGGLES
"Slow is fast, don't overdrive the car! Dissect the track in bites and learn how to connect each section. It's not just a case of full throttle everywhere you go. And try chasing ghosts that are only slightly faster than you."

Tip #9 lx Morbid xl
"I started to get faster by driving a wide variety of stock cars at a diverse track like Nurburgring and then began to learn to adapt to the car. This is what I encourage people to do."

Tip #10 SP33D RAC3R 28x 
"I've found racing my own ghost increases my consistency with familiarity and equality. My idea is to see where I'm going wrong and also to be encouraged to beat my ghost.  After all, it's me who set the lap, so that's the proof I did run that time at least once before. I wouldn't race other people's ghost unless I knew they were identical build and state of tune."

Tip #11 Jack Coffey
"I began by being smoother and ran with faster guys until I just got a lot faster."

Last edited by AAR GTDon on Fri May 19, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 8 times in total

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
AAR GTDon
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: AAR GTDon
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/