[ 3 ]
6% 6% 
[ 1 ]
18% 18% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 17

Format modifications

Post by GTDon2 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:43 am

Okay Gents, the votes are essentially in and it appears 3 things were/are being asked for.  1.Keep the LeMons format, 2.Keep the cars B-Class and lower, and 3.Let GTDon figure out the details.

After last nights final race of Season 6  (congrats Coconut) it was brought up that there is a way to thwart the build stipulation rules.  Further investigation has sadly shown there is, in fact, more than one way to circumvent the price rule.  No one to date has done this on purpose, a couple accidental ones, but not purposely.

As a result and within the will of the participants, I am electing to make the necessary changes at this time prior to race 1 of Season 7 next Saturday.  We will swap the price rule for a P.I. specific rule and street tires. 

Each week I will announce the Class and specific P.I. you can build any car to.  Your limitations are no up-builds from a lower class, and you must use street tires of any width. You may use a higher class car and build it down if you can.  Also, you will no longer need to build a backup car.  Non-podium finishers from race 1 will have the option to upgrade their tires to Sport Tires for race 2.  Podium finishers must remain in street tire trim.  In addition, race 2 will no longer be a full inverted grid. Only the top 3 from race 1 will invert for race 2.

The idea here is to allow for more cars to be on offer, eliminate the hole in the build rules, give the slower guys a little better chance to compete, reduce testing time, equalize builds, easier building, and not penalize faster guys in a way that adversely affects their ratings.

So here is what you need to know for this Saturday:

Build: P.I. B565 with street tires
Track: Hochenheim Full 
Race 1: 3lap qualy, 10laps, 1 pit, standing start 
Race 2: Only Top 3 invert grid, the field earns their grid from the previous race, and swaps tire compound to sport tires, 10laps, 1pit, standing start, (podium finishers stay on street compound)
Champion: Driver with the lowest total time from the 2 races. 

Good luck!

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/