IFCA International Fast Community Alliance

IFCA Continental Tire Endurance Series

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Re: IFCA Continental Tire Endurance Series

Post by speedyjab09 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:08 pm

Hey guys, I am going to test my webcam and broadcast settings tonight at 4:30 PST just to make sure we can broadcast successfully for round 3 this weekend. So a good time to test your tune and practice the track as well. It will be through Mixer (microsoft's streaming app) because I have a Microsoft webcam. Hopefully see ya then.
speedyjab09
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Local : San Marcos, California

Registration date : 2012-10-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: speedyjab09
IFCA Car #: 17
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:49 pm

I'm still looking for a sub to take my place in this Sats. race.
Vdubz may not be able to race due to work schedule.

I'll post a request on Forza.net
EZT TomCat7
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Local : California Central Coast

Registration date : 2015-07-06

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: EZT TomCat7
IFCA Car #: 711
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:57 pm

so will Neo be there?

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:04 pm

GTDon2 wrote:so will Neo be there?
Yes he will.
EZT TomCat7
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:09 pm

EZT TomCat7 wrote:
GTDon2 wrote:so will Neo be there?
Yes he will.

Okay everyone we need to ask around and see if anyone would like a one time shot to stand in for Tom.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by speedyjab09 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 pm

So the other day we were talking about tuning calculators in our streaming test. I just wanted to post them for everyone to try out and see what works for you as well as where to find them. These are good tools to start tuning, you will need to fine tune as you progress. The advantage is you start with a good base and start to understand how to fine tune the car in certain situations.

1) Forza Tune 6 & 7 suspension tuning & gear tuning. (Android play store & app store) have to pay to use.
2) Forza droid (old tuning calculator but still works for FM7) (Android play store & app store) Free to download.
3) FACR Tuning (available only on PC or tablet. https://www.dltuning.co.uk/fm7-tuneityourself

Hope it helps.
speedyjab09
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 on Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:57 pm

speedyjab09 wrote:So the other day we were talking about tuning calculators in our streaming test. I just wanted to post them for everyone to try out and see what works for you as well as where to find them. These are good tools to start tuning, you will need to fine tune as you progress. The advantage is you start with a good base and start to understand how to fine tune the car in certain situations.

1) Forza Tune 6 & 7  suspension tuning & gear tuning. (Android play store & app store) have to pay to use.
2) Forza droid (old tuning calculator but still works for FM7) (Android play store & app store) Free to download.
3) FACR Tuning (available only on PC or tablet. https://www.dltuning.co.uk/fm7-tuneityourself

Hope it helps.
You guys can also check out bg55(Basement Garage) http://bg55.com/bg55ftc-main.php

It helped me understanding tuning and it has great resources to understanding tuning. Also mobile friendly. Check it out!
blkghost187
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Registration date : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:42 am

blkghost187 wrote:
speedyjab09 wrote:So the other day we were talking about tuning calculators in our streaming test. I just wanted to post them for everyone to try out and see what works for you as well as where to find them. These are good tools to start tuning, you will need to fine tune as you progress. The advantage is you start with a good base and start to understand how to fine tune the car in certain situations.

1) Forza Tune 6 & 7  suspension tuning & gear tuning. (Android play store & app store) have to pay to use.

Hope it helps.
You guys can also check out bg55(Basement Garage) http://bg55.com/bg55ftc-main.php

It helped me understanding tuning and it has great resources to understanding tuning. Also mobile friendly. Check it out!

I love those apps, but I do want to caution everyone that while having a good tune that specifically works for us is desirable, there is a tendency to rely on them to do your driving for you too much.  Meaning that, "if I could just get the right tune, I could go just as fast as the fast guys."  And so what happens is people waste time searching for the perfect tune that will help them when they should have spent that time doing laps which would have helped them a lot more than tuning.

I'm not saying there is no reason to have a good tune, but unless you have the required driving talent or skill, it will do little to lower your lap times.  Tuning by percentage value is probably worth about 10% of your time compared to doing laps.  Or in other words, you should spend 90% of your time lapping the track to get faster.  

What I've found is that a high skill driver can take anyone's fully tuneable car and run nearly the same lap times as their own usually. Such a driver is able to compensate and adjust his driving to maximize the tune is why.  This tells you that at a certain high driving level there is little difference in lap times no matter what tune you have, and it becomes more a case of what feels comfortable to you.

I can take a slower driver, put him in an untuned car, make him do 200 laps, and he will be faster than someone who spent most of their time tuning and doing 20laps.  It's that simple.  More laps = lower lap times.

Everyone wants to go faster because obviously, that would be more fun.  But before the fun can happen, you will have to put in some work, and this is the part people don't want to do.  Too often they would rather let their tune do the work for them, but then get depressed that no matter what they do their lap times remain about the same.  So put your effort in the basket that makes the most difference by taking your Forza medicine and knocking out your laps. lol  Do 80 laps a day for a week, and come race day you will be much more prepared and faster than spending your whole week tuning. 

And if you need a good tune, I have plenty as you all know.  There are no secret tunes here at the IFCA.  Every lap record holding tune is available to anyone who wants one.  Over in other series like SimR and TORA the "tuning game" is played where you have to guess at what the good tune is because the competition isn't going to share their "secrets" with you.  Part of the reason for this is often the way the car is built too.  

Typically a car that is built with minimal upgrades is going to have only a few ways to get a good tune out of it, whereas a fully upgraded car you can have many more ways to a good tune.  This is in part why the IFCA cars are usually fully tuneable, so that you are not limited to just one or two good tunes that work well.  This helps level the playing field as a result.  And yes, this goes against conventional thinking because most people think that if you limit the car build you will level the playing field more.  But this only serves to create a car that does well with a very specific tune, a secret combination that is hard to find on your own.  And this is what those other leagues don't get.  They build a poor handling car (to make it more "challenging") that is supposed to limit "tuning tricks" but instead focuses the car toward 1 optimum tune that is a needle in a haystack to find.  Insult to injury the car still drives like crap and you end up wishing for a much better car with greater tuneability. lol

Trust the all knowing GTDon, and remember, he wrote the book on this stuff. lolololol

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by speedyjab09 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 pm

I agree, this was never meant to the "magic" item that will propel anyone to greatness but with the way this game works, can be a good step in the right direction to understanding how the car reacts and how to correct it that suits your driving style. Nothing will ever take place of track time and searching for the correct line in any given corner that will reduce your lap times. I take the same approach when I am on track in real life, identify what corners need work and explore different lines to see what is faster for me. We are all about helping everyone gain any time which will increase the level of racing and this is just one piece to the puzzle.
speedyjab09
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:09 pm

speedyjab09 wrote:I agree, this was never meant to the "magic" item that will propel anyone to greatness but with the way this game works, can be a good step in the right direction to understanding how the car reacts and how to correct it that suits your driving style. Nothing will ever take place of track time and searching for the correct line in any given corner that will reduce your lap times. I take the same approach when I am on track in real life, identify what corners need work and explore different lines to see what is faster for me. We are all about helping everyone gain any time which will increase the level of racing and this is just one piece to the puzzle.

And there you have it from someone with actual track experience corroborating my tale of caution. And i like his attitude of having no fear or reservations of helping everyone get faster because the end result will be better racing.  And that is what we are about here at the IFCA.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider on Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:02 pm

I agree as well, they are a good starting point but nothing helps more than putting in the laps, practice makes perfect still holds true today as much as ever!!

I use ForzaDroid (it's free, perfect price for me) but have never relied on it to make me faster, the only thing that helps is putting in the time and practice.
Midnite Rider
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Local : Coos Bay, Oregon USA

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: Midnite Rider
IFCA Car #: 69
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by yankeesfanfp1 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Hi guys! Sorry for the late notice but I won’t be able to race tonight. I am stuck at work. I was hoping to finish in time to make the race but it didn’t work out. Have a good race everyone! I will join you guys next weekend for one of my favorite tracks, Watkins Glen.
yankeesfanfp1
0-4 posts
0-4 posts

Male

Registration date : 2018-09-09

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag:
IFCA Car #: ? ? ?
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:00 am

Hey SPEEDY, I accidentally deleted your post about your DNF.  Sorry!

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Homestead ratings

Post by GTDon2 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:01 am

Race Results      
  PreraceExpectedActualPerformedPostraceGained/
PlcRacerRatingFinishFinishLikeRatingLost
1GTDon21919.1838120831978.26259
2FRB Incognito1941.0374220261971.54831
3JDM Kevin 722042.6311320012019.899-23
4Poennaninova1900.8069419681924.91724
5SirKane2  1928.7066519371931.7563
6Midnite Rider1933.2725619311932.016-1
7IX Morbid XI2008.4602719261962.905-46
8SPEEDYJAB091994.1403819211953.842-40
9blkghost1871922.567919101915.649-7
10LongPoleCole1899.759101019001899.7590

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Homestead Recap

Post by GTDon2 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:02 pm

Major development!  We have a new season points leader! Team MOPAR OR NOCAR now leads the series by 1 point after 3 races.  And they did it the hard way by once again capturing both bonus points each round for pole position and fastest lap!  

GTDon again set the pole with a solid 1:26.336 lap time, and captured fastest lap with a fast 1:25.541.  So far, after 3 races, there has been 3 different winners which tells you how close the cars are and nothing is a for sure deal.  Even so, BMW somehow still leads the manufacturer points race.

Homestead was a bit of a mystery because of its mix of long straights and tight turns, and the fact that few ever race there very much.  So it came as a surprise to see the Hellcat do so well there. 

Team TSM in their M4 was missing their driver Bubz, but got a temporary stand-in to sub for them, the very quick Morbid from SimR.  He was up to speed in the M4 right away giving TSM real chances to keep the points lead, until SPEEDYJAB was bumped offline early in the race.

Team No Speak English and team Can/Am both had a mutual problem with missing drivers and decided to temporarily join forces.  JDM Kevin72 last weeks Sebring winner joined Poenaninova to drive the Merc SLS.  This would help team No Speak English maintain their greater points total as a result.  There is no rule against cross-over drivers from other teams, or going back to race for a previous team.

Team MR SK Racing in their Audi R8 looked very impressive flirting with high 1:26s as Rider and SirKane stay in 4th just 2 points behind third place.

Generally, everyone was running comparable lap times in the mid to low 1:27s, except for GTDon in his inexplicable Dodge Hellcat. (read cheater)

Team MOPAR OR NOCAR wrestled their Dodge Hellcat to victory for the first time this year and with it captured the points lead.  GTDon grabbed an early gap helping his slower teammate Incognito to run a pressure-free race.  They set the cruise control on and won easily over the last minute musical chair teams without much of a fight.  Bottom line when questioned by reporters in victory circle about how they did it?  GTDon said, "It's all about good preparation and team coordination to win this event."

Next week, Watkins Glen, and we will be featuring the ins and outs on how to drive the Audi R8 there.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Well...its was good overall. Hopefully next week most teams can compete in a full 22 laps race with no D.C./DNF's
blkghost187
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Registration date : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT Neo 45 on Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:45 pm

Will miss Watkins Glen, unfortunately. My wife and I will be on our way back from Cincinnati after visiting my wife's sister.

EZT Neo 45
1450-2139 posts
1450-2139 posts

Male

Local : NW Indianapolis, IN, USA

Registration date : 2009-04-08

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: EZT Neo 45
IFCA Car #: 38
Infractions:

http://www.eztmotorsport.net/portal.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:57 pm

Track lap record remains with the Audi R8 with a 1:53.963, ghost is on Rivals Time Attack

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:34 pm

GTDon2 wrote:Track lap record remains with the Audi R8 with a 1:53.963, ghost is on Rivals Time Attack

Watkins Glen lap record broken in a Hellcat (again) by 0.017sec.  And it wasn't easy!  Probably around 40+laps and a lot of tweaking.  

There are so many places to make up time on this track whether it is turn 1, or up the hill thru turns 2-4, or the bus stop, each corner needs to be mastered to get the most out of the car.  In total I'm only nailing the track down by about 75%.  I'll get parts of it perfect and miss on the others, come around again and miss where I was perfect and get the other parts right. lol

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 on Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:37 am

My best lap so far is 2:07.xxx
I may not be racing due to EZT Neo not being able to race.

If a sub is available, then I will race.

I want to correct my lap time for Watkins Glen to be 1:57.705 and not 2:07.xxx
EZT TomCat7
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Forza Profile
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

BoP on Audi R8

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:38 am

FYI, after additional time with the Audi R8 it has been determined that it deserves a slight boost in performance by allowing the Audi to upgrade its wheels to the lightest possible.  This will net the R8 another 0.2sec per lap. This means the 1900 level build weight will drop to 3,393lbs at a P.I. of S784 an increase of 3 P.I..

Prologue:  The AWD cars have always been difficult to pare with RWD cars and are too often overbuilt as a result. Special care was taken with the R8 from the beginning with this in mind.  But we apparently were a little too reserved and undercut the car a little too much.  Unsprung weight reduction will make the relatively heavy R8 handle better and accelerate faster both laterally and forward.  This extra acceleration and grip may add a nominal 1 or 2mph at the end of a straight because it can get up to maximum speed more quickly, but it doesn't actually increase top speed.  

Due to the heft of the R8, it will not likely have 1 track that it dominates, but as intended it should do generally well at every track and be a jack of all trades.  It accelerates almost as hard as the Hellcat, it will gain the holeshot every time at the start, it handles almost as well as the Porsche, and is every bit as stable and easy to drive as the Merc or any car in the field  Because of all of these factors to juggle, you have to be very careful to limit its power or it will be too dominant to compete fairly.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

New Bonus!

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:43 pm

Hey everyone, in an effort to add some extra fun and get everyone a little more engaged during the week we will be adding a new bonus for fastest test lap.  If you run the fastest lap in either Rivals or Free Play by Friday night, your team will earn 1/2 point starting with Lime Rock.  Doesn't sound like much, but it could mean another 3 free points with the remaining tracks.  With the points system being mostly a 2 point gap between positions this could make a big difference in the end.

If you can't set a time on those boards because you have a faster time there already, just post a screenshot or picture here.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Watkins Glen

Post by GTDon2 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:40 am

As Nova mentioned, I have not posted the actual Official Finishing Orders and assumed everyone can see by the points table where they finished.  But I will include a separate finishing order table so that it is clear to everyone, especially in the case of a tie.  And this week we do have a tie.  Just so everyone knows, a tie is broken by whichever team has the highest combined average rating.  Which is another reason not to try to sandbag your rating JFYI.

Team OrderPre-Race RatingDriver/TeamCarDriver Finishing OrderFinishing Position Avg.Team Rating
11885.944LongPoleCole911 GT3 RS '19121900.8
 1915.649blkghost187911 GT3 RS '193  

21978.262GTDon2Dodge Hellcat241969.93
 1961.593FRB IncognitoDodge Hellcat6  

31981.171TheyCallMeBubz2014 M444.51967.51
 1953.842SPEEDYJAB092014 M45  

41932.016SirKane2Audi R888.51931.886
 1931.756Midnite RiderAudi R89  

51924.917PoennaninovaMerc SLS AMG78.51925.394
 1925.872Lanrell21Merc SLS AMG10  

61922.583yankeesfanfp1Merc AMG GTR1111.51917.05
 1911.498EZT TomCat7Merc AMG GTR12  

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Watkins Glen recap and ratings results

Post by GTDon2 on Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:35 am

Probably our best race to date guys.  No lag outs, no warnings or penalties, very clean but tough and exciting racing.  

Congrats has to go to the amazing performance of Cole as he set the pole with a stupid fast 1:53.197 in his trusty 2019 911 (bonus 1pt)which also nabbed him the track lap record!  He also set the fastest race lap while winning the race outright with a 1:53.817 (bonus 1pt).  In short, he was untouchable and unbeatable!

I know, some will say his 1800 level build was the difference, but there is more to his story than a superior car, he also has to drive it.  The point I'm making is that your average 1800 rated driver cannot reach these times, which sounds like an indictment of Cole, but it is not.  

Cole had some bad luck and fell below his normal rating, and when you are towards the bottom of the 1900's it doesn't take much to slip to 1899.  But, it is true Cole is more of a mid to high-1900 driver, in reality, I believe, and this race proves it.  He may not realize he is, but for some time I have been chastising him for not driving up to his true potential.  This is not a matter of his raw skill, but more of his attitude I've said.  Too often Cole casually lays off, doesn't practice much, quits during a race, and doesn't always apply his skill.  But, put him on his favorite track, in a car he really likes, and wham!  Suddenly he drives like a 2053 rated driver as indicated by the IFCA ratings computer below. Sure, had he been in the 1900 level Porsche he would have been slower, but not by a lot, and probably still faster than his teammate.  The difference between tires with the same driver is only about 0.5sec per lap. This means he would have lapped the Glen at around 1:54.3 in a 1900 level car which is still at a high 1900, or low 2000 rated driver's level. Not bad.

So Cole, the jig is up!  Everyone knows your true potential now, time to drive like this at every track.  If you can do it here, you can certainly do it anywhere.  No more silly excuses, we got your number! lol

As for the race itself, it was pretty tight and made for a great mix for finishing order at the end as GTDon overtook blkghost for 2nd place, and Incognito bobbled back to 6th place.  The field was running mostly 1:55s and 56s.  Oh, and were it not for Incog's mechanical fail at the start with his wheel, there would have been a very wicked finish at the end because I had caught up to Cole and Ghost at the start of lap 16.  Which means I probably would have been in front of them with my Dodge fat a s s! lol

Nice job everyone, next week IndyGP!

Race Results      
  PreraceExpectedActualPerformedPostraceGained/
PlcRacerRatingFinishFinishLikeRatingLost
1LongPoleCole1885.94412120531927.36941
2GTDon21978.2622219781981.4143
3blkghost1871915.64910319701929.09113
4TheyCallMeBubz1981.1711419581968.272-13
5SPEEDYJAB091953.8424519431947.840-6
6FRB Incognito1961.5933619321945.254-16
7Poennaninova1924.9178719291925.8821
8SirKane2  1931.7566819251928.257-3
9Midnite Rider1932.0165919241927.470-5
10Lanrell211925.87271019191922.156-4
11yankeesfanfp11922.58391119141917.628-5
12EZT TomCat71911.498111218991904.471-7

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Midnite Rider on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:48 pm

Nice one Cole! However I do have to say that real life situations cause issues with our racing at times, so in his defense, I know some of my issues recently are due to that, don't be too hard on him.
Midnite Rider
120-299 posts
120-299 posts

Male

Local : Coos Bay, Oregon USA

Registration date : 2009-11-11

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: Midnite Rider
IFCA Car #: 69
Infractions:

Back to top Go down