Continental Tire Endurance Format

Go down

Continental Tire Endurance Format

Post by GTDon2 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:18 am

- race length 15laps x 2 + 7 = 37laps total
- 3lap quali done right before the race with designated driver
- Each team will decide who grids first and second between the 2 man teams
- only at Daytona we use a rolling start for the lead designated drivers

Before the race, each team will designate one driver as the "lead" driver - he will be that Teams first driver for the first stint. The other secondary teammates will hang back at the start, allowing all primary "lead" drivers to race. The secondary teammates will then proceed to pit after circulating the track in a slow safe speed, and then wait at the end of the pitlane in ghosted form for the driver change-over. 

The lead drivers will do their stint, pit, and tag their waiting ghosted "teammate", allowing them (driver 2) to do their stint. 

(Once the secondary "teammate" has finished their stint, both primary "lead" drivers and secondary drivers have then completed the same distance understand.) 

Then the "lead" driver, once tagged by the secondary driver, again moves into his second stint. The race continues like this up to the end of lap 15 which is 3 stints for each driver.  You and your teammate can decide which lap you pit on for each stint, BUT, you both must pit on that same lap number for it to work out.  The only mandatory pit number is lap 15. 

At the end of lap 15, the 2nd driver must finish his stint, and now the Team (both drivers) are on the same lap. They also have done the same number of stints. They then can proceed to complete the final 7 laps of the race together, with both drivers exiting the pits and racing to the finish as a pair. Note - the driver who pitted last will have the momentum as he tags his waiting ghosted team member, and thus will be in front of that teammate at that stage. It is presumed that your fastest driver will want to be the anchor and shoot out of the pits with that momentum.

The winning team will be the one with the best average finish.  The best possible average finish of 1st and 2nd = 1.5, 2nd and 3rd = 2.5, 3rd and 4th = 3.5 and so on.  It is likely that the finishing order will be a mix and not neatly consecutive.  You may have a finishing order of 3rd and 5th which nets you 4.0 or something like this.

The real "cool factor" to this format has always been the fact that you are only able to communicate with your teammate in a private party.  So while one is on the track racing, the other acts as a crew chief or spotter allowing his teammate to know who is pitting, and who is coming out, and lap times etc.

In the history of this format the teams that did well and won were not the fastest drivers, but were the best coordinated.  They made perfect exchanges, didn't miss their pit windows.   It is encouraged that you pick a teammate that is relatively close to your own skill level for best effect. However, past winners have never been 2 fast guys surprisingly.  All past team winners were with 1 super fast guy and 1 average guy.  None of the so-called "dream teams" of the past have ever won this format.

The points system will be the same as the real series:

1st = 35pts
2nd = 32pts
3rd = 30pts
4th = 28pts
5th = 26pts
6th = 25pts
7th = 24pts
8th = 23pts
9th = 22pts
10th = 21pts

There will also be a bonus point for fastest clean lap and pole position.

There will be manufacturer championship points too:

First Place - 350 Points
Second Place - 320 Points
Third Place - 300 Points
Fourth Place - 280 Points
Fifth Place - 260 Points
Sixth Place - 250 Points
Seventh Place - 240 Points
Eighth Place - 230 Points
Ninth Place - 220 Points
10th Place - 210 Points

Last edited by GTDon2 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Continental Tire Endurance Format

Post by GTDon2 on Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:46 am

updated

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:22 pm

Are there penalties in this series?
blkghost187
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Registration date : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:36 pm

blkghost187 wrote:Are there penalties in this series?

Yes, warnings = 0 points, 2nd warning = -1 point 3rd warning = lost position, 4th warning automatic disqualification.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:37 pm

got it.
blkghost187
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Registration date : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by speedyjab09 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:06 pm

We have been practicing this set up over the last few weeks but with fewer laps (22 in practice.) Does the mandatory pit at 15 still apply for the series? The races are twice as long during the season so this format would have us do 3 pit stops by 15 laps and then run 21 laps together as a team. Why doesn't that sound right? Am I too used to the practice format?
speedyjab09
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Local : San Marcos, California

Registration date : 2012-10-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: speedyjab09
IFCA Car #: 17
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:17 pm

speedyjab09 wrote:We have been practicing this set up over the last few weeks but with fewer laps (22 in practice.) Does the mandatory pit at 15 still apply for the series? The races are twice as long during the season so this format would have us do 3 pit stops by 15 laps and then run 21 laps together as a team. Why doesn't that sound right? Am I too used to the practice format?

lol, if I understand you correctly it's just a mis-reading of the format.  You will run 15laps, and your teammate will also run 15 laps, which is a total of 30 laps, then, you will both do 7 final laps together.  This means you will both have done 37laps each.  To do this, we have to set the race to 22 laps.

So, you both have to do the same number of laps, the same number of pits (3), and you have to pit on the same pit numbers as your teammate.  In this way, you will both be on the same lap at the end of lap 15 which is the mandatory pit number.  That way both members can compete equally as a team and as individuals all the way to the end of the race on lap 22.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by speedyjab09 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Hahahaha........yep. reading between the lines too much apparently. I have 2 hour race stuck in my head somewhere and we usually ran a little over an hour so I figured the race laps were higher so lap total was set to 37 instead of 22. well hopefully my dumb question helped someone else too Embarassed
speedyjab09
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Local : San Marcos, California

Registration date : 2012-10-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: speedyjab09
IFCA Car #: 17
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:07 pm

speedyjab09 wrote:Hahahaha........yep. reading between the lines too much apparently. I have 2 hour race stuck in my head somewhere and we usually ran a little over an hour so I figured the race laps were higher so lap total was set to 37 instead of 22. well hopefully my dumb question helped someone else too Embarassed

No problem and yes it probably did help a few guys to understand it better.  It's sort of hard to write, but simpler to do in actuality. It is the only format I know of where you can share the driving within a single race and have stints.  Unlike TORA, for example, where they treat an entire race as a stint and there isn't any real sharing of the task of driving, or driver exchanges.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down