IFCA International Fast Community Alliance

Season 2 IFCA Relay Challenge Jan 5th 2019

Go down

Season 2 IFCA Relay Challenge Jan 5th 2019

Post by GTDon2 on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Season 2 (formerly the Continental Tire Series) of the IFCA Relay Challenge Jan 5th 2019 will get a name change to help people recognize the type of format we are using.  The new series name is, "IFCA Relay Challenge Series."

I know, we just started the first season right?  Well, you have to plan these things far in advance to do them right.  So here are the initial details.

1. Season 2 will be a multi-class event as we introduce the lower ST Class.  
http://ifca.highforum.net/t6547-ifca-relay-challenge-st-car-builds

2. There will be a maximum limit of 12 teams, 6 in GS and 6 in ST. 

3. We will qualify teams to get into the series.  Each team will be allowed 4 laps to qualify, as many times as they like, on Saturdays leading up to round 1 on Jan 5th at Daytona 24hr.  Saturday, November 24th 6:00 EST will be the first of six Saturdays you can qualify.  You get 1 chance per Saturday, 4 laps.

4. Qualifying (4 laps) will also be at Daytona 24hr on race day for grid position.  

5. Teams will be allowed to qualify with any car from the official list and do not have to use that car for the season.  But, whatever car you do use for race 1 at Daytona and race day qualifying, will be the car you must use for the season. You may only qualify in the BoP tire class you are rated at, 1800,1900,2000 and 2100.  (If you are not rated you will be allowed to use the 1900 level build cars)

6. To secure a position in the series a manager must qualify with another driver. You may use a substitute driver to qualify with a manager, and the sub doesn't have to race in the season. Their combined time will be averaged to register their team result.  In other words, both team managers do not have to qualify so that you can bring in a "ringer" substitute driver to help you qualify in which we are encouraging you to do.

7. Team Managers can field a maximum of 2 teams, either 2 teams in GS or ST, or 1 in GS and 1 in ST. 

8. Qualifying to secure a garage space for season 2 will be open Saturday, November 24th 6:00 EST and is 4 laps per attempt.

9. This is multi-class racing where each class is rated independently.  You may not form a team using different cars from the two different classes.  Each team must use the same class of car.

10. There are 50+ GS cars to pick from, and 20+ ST cars.  All the cars are still roughly based primarily on the real IMSA Continental Tire series, as well as a mix of World Challenge series, Pirelli World Challenge series, American LeMans series, Trans Am, Weathertech Sportscar Championship, Grand Am, and even Super GT/JGTC GT300 cars.

11. There will be a new race length and mandatory pit.  Some have felt that the stints are slightly too short, while in the past they were somewhat too long.  When too long it tends to get boring for the waiting driver in the pits.  When too short it's hard to gain a rhythm or race against someone before its already time to pit again. So we hope this new lap count is the best of both worlds.  Not too long and boring, and not too short and frantic.  Your mandatory pit will be lap 18 instead of 15.  The length of the race will be extended to a total of 26laps instead of 22.  You will still need to pit twice before the mandated 18th lap pit stop.  From there you will have 8laps instead of 7 to finish the race together.

12. There is only one mandatory sticker, the SPEEDYJAB09 IFCA number plate.  Any number is allowed, and any race livery is allowed. Both cars per team must use the same livery.

more to follow...

Last edited by GTDon2 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:58 pm; edited 10 times in total

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Local : Minnesota, USA

Registration date : 2007-04-04

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: GTDon2
IFCA Car #: 4
Infractions: 0 out of 3,000,000,000

http://allamericanracers.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 2 IFCA Relay Challenge Jan 5th 2019

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:19 pm

updated

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:48 pm

Don,
What is your thought on increasing qualifying laps from 3 to 4? I think it would give a more better lap time results from drivers. It's a good challenge to not to dirty your first lap. I get it. But I would think most drivers would take at least 2/3 laps to be clean and quick.

Also livery. I think we can have mandatory decals that would appear on the cars that would mimic the real race series. Such as you know. Car # and class at a certain location. The car series decal. I can make some and share. I seen there is a mandatory livery layout where they decals go. Example British GT Series.
blkghost187
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Registration date : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:04 pm

blkghost187 wrote:Don,
What is your thought on increasing qualifying laps from 3 to 4? I think it would give a more better lap time results from drivers. It's a good challenge to not to dirty your first lap. I get it. But I would think most drivers would take at least 2/3 laps to be clean and quick.

Also livery. I think we can have mandatory decals that would appear on the cars that would mimic the real race series. Such as you know. Car # and class at a certain location. The car series decal. I can make some and share. I seen there is a mandatory livery layout where they decals go. Example British GT Series.

We can extend the qualy to 4 laps.  It's something others have asked about too.  As for mandatory livery that's something I personally really want but, too much "must have this, must have that" is a turn off for people too. So I'm reserved about this.  The cars we have included are no longer from a single series so not to be too confusing or demanding we will only mandate the base IFCA number plate by SPEEDYJAB.  You can have any number and any livery, but you will have to have an IFCA plate.  It will be highly recommended that you have an authentic livery, but still not mandatory.

My hope is that we can add more mandatory stickers in the future.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by blkghost187 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:26 pm

GTDon2 wrote:
blkghost187 wrote:Don,

We can extend the qualy to 4 laps.  It's something others have asked about too.  As for mandatory livery that's something I personally really want but, too much "must have this, must have that" is a turn off for people too. So I'm reserved about this.  The cars we have included are no longer from a single series so not to be too confusing or demanding we will only mandate the base IFCA number plate by SPEEDYJAB.  You can have any number and any livery, but you will have to have an IFCA plate.  It will be highly recommended that you have an authentic livery, but still not mandatory.

My hope is that we can add more mandatory stickers in the future.
Okay. Sound Great!
blkghost187
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Registration date : 2018-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:34 pm

updated

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EZT TomCat7 on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:25 pm

Thanks for adding 1 more lap for Qualifying. coin
EZT TomCat7
30-79 posts
30-79 posts

Male

Local : California Central Coast

Registration date : 2015-07-06

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: EZT TomCat7
IFCA Car #: 711
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by speedyjab09 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:23 pm

I understand the reservation in making a bunch of decals mandatory but the nice thing is the drivers will just have to download it and put it on the car. I enjoy making vinyls as does Ghost so if you want anything more, I'm sure we can oblige. Just let us know what you want (if anything) and it will be done. Looking forward to another season.
speedyjab09
80-119 posts
80-119 posts

Male

Local : San Marcos, California

Registration date : 2012-10-26

Forza Profile
XBL Gamertag: speedyjab09
IFCA Car #: 17
Infractions:

Back to top Go down

Post by GTDon2 on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:43 pm

speedyjab09 wrote:I understand the reservation in making a bunch of decals mandatory but the nice thing is the drivers will just have to download it and put it on the car. I enjoy making vinyls as does Ghost so if you want anything more, I'm sure we can oblige. Just let us know what you want (if anything) and it will be done. Looking forward to another season.

We will try to add some more in the future but for now we will stay basic with just number plates i think. Btw, i finished posting the new GS car builds today. I am going over and adjusting the season 1 cars, not all of them but a few and correcting some typos on the build sheet.

"Piggy" aka "The Pig"
GTDon2
Gold Member

Male

Forza Profile

Back to top Go down